Best Espresso Machine Cleaner Powder
Keep your espresso machine in optimal performance mode when you use Urnex’s Cafiza espresso machine cleaner. Formulated as a powder, it works to remove residue, rancid coffee oils and lime scale deposits that have built up on your espresso machine. Use the powder to backflush semi-commercial and commercial-sized espresso machines easily.
The Cafiza coffee cleaner can also be used to clean any metal parts, including screens, *handles and filter baskets.
Cafiza cleaning powder is not a decalcifier and should not be put through a boiler or dissolved in a reservoir.
Keep your espresso machine clean all year round! A 20-ounce bottle should last more than a year with regular cleaning.
* Do not immerse plastic pieces in solution when cleaning handles, as this may cause discoloration.
To Backflush Each Group Head:
1. Insert blind filter in portafilter and add ½ teaspoon (3 grams) of Urnex Cafiza® powder.
2. Activate the brew cycle for 10 seconds, and then stop for 10 seconds. You’ll repeat this step five times.
3. Remove the portafilter before activating the brew cycle; rinse it in a stream of water directly from the group head. Stop the brew cycle.
4. Insert the portafilter into the group head before repeating Step 2 – without Urnex Cafiza® powder – five times.
5. Make a cup of espresso and confirm that no residue remains. Discard after confirmation.
1. Add 1 teaspoon (6 grams) of Cafiza® powder per 32 ounces (1 liter) of hot water; soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse all parts with clean, hot water.
For Use on Coffee Brewers
1. Empty coffee from coffee brewer. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon (3 grams) of Cafiza® powder per 64 ounces (2 liters) of the coffee brewer capacity directly into the coffee brewer basket.
2. Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and wait 30 minutes.
3. Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean, hot water.
TIP: Wet a clean cloth with Cafiza® powder solution, wipe down all spray heads, and then wipe them clean.
Note: Solution may be very hot.
Backwash semi-commercial group heads
Clean portafilters and handles